SETA Foundation at Washington D.C. has immediate openings for Research Assistants. Responsibilities include assisting SETA D.C. scholars with their projects and events, monitoring the work of interns, and administrative duties. The individual should have a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or a related field as well as a proven track record in foreign policy research and work experience. Master’s degree is preferred. Strong writing skills are essential in addition to a demonstrated understanding of Turkish foreign policy and US-Turkey relations.
The research assistant will be expected to collect and analyze empirical and analytical information, write background policy and research memos and reports, help with editing and proofreading of publications. The individual is also expected to assist with administrative duties such as organizing events and conferences, database management, and other duties as assigned.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, salary requirements, writing samples, and a list of 3 references via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered. Applications from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities are welcome. No phone calls and no employment agencies please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Political Science, International Relations or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Turkey, Turkish foreign policy, and US-Turkey relations.
- Proven track record in foreign policy research and work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, multi-task as needed, meet deadlines, and manage time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy.
- High level of comfort in working with high-profile individuals from government and international organizations.
- Strong analytical skills and competence to undertake research assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer, website, database management, and social media skills.
Job Category: Research
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Appointment Duration: 1 Year
Position Type: Renewable