SETA Foundation at Washington D.C. is accepting applications for a Resident Research Fellow. The successful candidate will support SETA D.C.’s research team in various projects and develop his/her own research agenda. The Fellow should have at least a Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or a related field as well as a strong track record in foreign policy research and work experience. He/she will be expected to have a publication record along with a proven expertise on Turkey, Turkish foreign policy, and US-Turkey relations.
The Research Fellow will be expected to conduct original research, author policy and research memos and reports, and help with various research projects. He/she will also be expected to assist with organizing events and conferences. Candidates must be comfortable with engaging decision-makers and high-ranking officials.
- Master’s degree or higher in Political Science, International Relations or a related field.
- Proven expertise on Turkey, Turkish foreign policy, and US-Turkey relations.
- Strong track record in foreign policy research and work experience ideally in a public policy institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, multi-task as needed, meet deadlines, and manage time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy.
- High level of comfort in working with high-profile individuals from government and international organizations.
- Native or near native fluency in Turkish.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, salary requirements, writing samples, and a list of references via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Category: Research
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Appointment Duration: 1 Year
Position Type: Renewable