Research Assistant Position
The SETA Foundation at Washington D.C. (SETA DC) is seeking a Research Assistant to start immediately. Responsibilities include assisting SETA DC scholars with their projects and events, monitoring the work of interns, and administrative duties. The individual should have a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or a related field as well as a proven track record in foreign policy research and work experience. Master’s degree is preferred. Strong writing and skills are essential. The Research Assistant will be expected to analyze empirical and analytical information, draft research memos and reports, edit and proofread publications, assist with organizing events and conferences, and other duties as assigned. Experience with communications, media outreach, and social media is a plus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, salary requirements, writing samples, and a list of 3 references via e-mail at email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Political Science, International Relations, Communications or a closely related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Turkey, Turkish foreign policy, and US-Turkey relations.
- Proven track record in foreign policy research and work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, multi-task as needed, meet deadlines, and manage time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail, clarity, and accuracy.
- High level of comfort in working with high-profile individuals from government and international organizations.
- Strong analytical skills and competence to undertake research assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer, communications and social media skills.